Aug 28, 2010

Our baby girl is getting married! (Bridal Showers and Bridal Pics)

Ashley got engaged on May 23rd and the date was set for August 14th. When I knew my little girl was getting married I knew that I had to do something.  After going with Ashley to see Mama Mia the previous summer, I teased her that when she got married that I was going to perform at her bridal shower just like in the show... WELL?! I had to make good on that promise, so I had my lil' sis Andrea help me with a rendition of Super Trouper complete with lipsinc and dancing! Ashley was a little surprised, but she didn't disown me for the embarrassment so all is well :) 

We had a lot of fun at her 'non traditional' bridal shower. Paul came too and it was a ton of fun! Not to mention the 2nd act that followed us after we ate and started to open gifts! (My sis found a few guys to fake a male strip show since Ashley kept teasing that she should have strippers at a bridal shower)....ah ha.... never tell us something that you aren't prepared for! LOL



DRAPER SHOWER
Then Lynn Draper thew a nice shower for Ashley as well...She got so many nice things and we had a tasty lunch along with a chance to get to know Ashley's soon to be in-laws and exended family. Plus they have a killer cool historic home that is amazing and I got to chance to see the inside!!
Barbara (Paul's Mom), Paul, Lynn (Paul's step Mom), Ashley, Stephanie

THEN CAME THE BRIDAL SESSION!!!
We hired Ryan Christensen from Innovative Photography to take Ashley's bridals and shoot the reception. (pics to follow) He was awesome! Ashley wanted her pics done at the Bonneville Salt Flats, so Joe and I hauled a couch that she bought at the DI in our truck for 3 hours in the pouring rain and wind to a location that was dry...but VERY windy! (you can tell in the photo's just how windy it is) However, the pictures turned out amazing and Ashley looked absolutely stunning!


THEN ...The last Bridal Shower
 thrown by my good friend and neighbor JoAnne Murdock. Ashley also received many wonderful gifts at  that shower. I was wishing I could have a bridal shower after 32 yrs of marriage, man I could use a few of the things she received at all her showers!

The Rehearsal Dinner provided by Kurt and Lynn Draper complete with yummy food from Mo Betta' Steaks and a wonderful game that is a tradition in the Draper family when someone gets married. It is called the 'shoe game'.  The engaged couple have to answer questions simultaneously to see if they agree on the same answer.

 It was hilarious! And the food was yummy!
 And it was fun to get to know all the new relatives!

No comments: