will look totally different.
To get myself in the mood to start my quilting project, I opted to change the blog background to a quilting theme. It has been 8 months now that Joshua has passed and when he died I wanted to do something that would help us all have a tangible piece of him to hold on to. So for the last several months I have had Joshua's clothing in boxes waiting for me to get the courage to cut into them and to make memory quilts. (That is what I wanted to do as a memento for us ) I plan to make one for us, and his brothers and sister and hopefully if I have extra fabric make pillows or something for the grandparents and his daughter PresLee. I wanted each of us to have something tangible to hold that was part of him and something that would make us smile when we miss him most. I have finally come to a decision on a pattern, purchased a serger to help with all the sewing I'll be doing and now...I just have to get someone to help me with that first cut so I can get started. It's the emotional game I play with myself that is holding me back.
So....I hope you will check on me to make sure I am working on the quilts, I do get sidetracked easily and need encouragement you see. I also hope that you will wish me luck so I don't screw up and sew myself to the cloth, or mess up the fabric swatch's etc. I am happy I can do something sweet in his memory and will post pictures when I have some progress to photograph and share. Until then....happy sewing for me and happy whatever for you!

2 comments:
The quilts are such a great idea and I know you will make them beautiful! I am sure making them will help you feel even closer to Josh. Good luck with them!
You're awesome. I've had Shane's baseball jerseys and favorite things in a box for 7 years now...waiting to do the same thing, but haven't. It is hard, but you're giving me hope I can get it done. I'm certainly not creative though. Lots of love. Let me know how it is going.
Post a Comment