Apr 5, 2010

California Breather and Birthday Celebration's

First I apologize for being a terrible blogger lately. I started to write some things about what we've been up to and what has been going on. But, then I deleted it all. I figured you don't need to read more sad news, (Joe's Mom passed away 3/17/10) or see how emotionally challenging our life is (Making arrangements to move Josh's body to a local cemetery). Instead I decided that the best part of a blog is the pictures. So...here are a few pictures that we took while we went to visit Zach, Sara and the boy's for Carter's 1st Birthday. And a few of another Birthday celebration for my mother who is about to finally retire work and enjoy life!   Happy Birthday~~~

Mason with Bucca and Munga at a 3D showing of Alice in Wonderland. Mason loved to wear the glasses and sat through the entire show. Then after the credits started to roll exclaimed, "That was a GREAT show"  lol...
Mason, Carter and Bucca & Munga on a day out at the park
 and a fun treasure hunt followed by the feeding ducks


After a day at the park we went on a drive to San Diego to pick up Daddy from the Marine base. Zach saw a sign showing boy getting shocked on a warning sticker, and thought that the lock was to keep 'Mr. Electricity the bad guy' in the box.  It was too funny.

We went with Sara to lunch when Zach was working and decided that Sara's eye's were bigger than her tummy, or at least the burrito was bigger than Sara


An, ahhhhhhhh moment when Mason took a catnap while we ran a few errands at Target while we were out playing one day. This is the one trip we didn't have to buy a prize.  lol

Zach and Joe out golfing while Sara went to see Ellen in Burbank while Munga stayed home and watched the boys.  Hmmm? I am thinking I somehow got bum end ,
but it was really fun to spend some time with the boys by myself.  And, neener neener I got to change more poopy diapers than anyone that day! So there-

(look at the pic...scary the resemblence of father and son!)

THEN...we came back to Utah and took my mom out to dinner for her birthday with the Hughes Clan.  We went to Buca Di Peppo's for Italian food. They are pricey, but have some yummy garlic cheese bread! Look Mom is happy she is getting old...ha ha.

The whole group, or who I could fit in the 'pic'.  We had most everyone there except Andrea and her hubby since she came down with a migrane that evening. Sorry Andrea, just think you could of been in this special shot!  PS...at least you saved lots of money!

3 comments:

Jes said...

You guys always have so much fun out in California. Yeah for you to get to be the one to change the diapers. You know if you miss it you are more than welcome to come over and hang out with us ;)

Sara Johns said...

We miss you guys a ton! Mason and I were sad we didn't make it to Utah this time... but I can't tell you how RELIEVED I am that you have Josh!! Love you guys soooo much!!! Hopefully we can see you again soon!

Sara Johns said...

Just looking at your blog again... and call me crazy, I know I may be the only one who thinks so BUT... I think that Zach has YOUR face shape, your nose, your smile, and your cheek structure. He has more of Joe's eyes and body build. But, to me, honestly I think he looks more like you. Only a boy and bigger:) Either way, he has two incredibly great (and good looking!) parents!