Jul 16, 2009

Munga's Update

It has been a while since I have updated our blog, and although many things have happened; I just haven't got around to posting anything. I thought it was time to quit being a slacker and at least post something... SO... Here are a few things that have been going in our life the last few weeks. I just wish I had more pics of some of the funny things that I didn't get a chance to capture. (photos below)
  • We had a visit to Idaho Falls to see PresLee and KayCee for KayCee's Birthday
  • We decided to do a "Make-Over" on Karen's house while she was away visiting David in Stanley Idaho. We steamed off her outdated wallpaper, tore up the carpet... painted the walls and put in wood laminate flooring, new baseboards; and updated her main bathroom.
  • We went back to California to visit Zach, Sara and the kids for the 4th of July
  • Richard and Camille had their baby on July 3rd. Welcome Cole Denning!
  • We took Mason back to Utah with us for a special visit without Mom, Dad or Baby Carter. (Mason loves to be the center of attention and absolutely loves to go to "Bucca and Munga's House". Mason was hilarious, and darn cute while he was here! A little more naughty than usual, a ton of work, but darn cute!)
  • We got robbed. Someone broke into our cars and stole my brand new GPS system. (Slime bag Thief!) It was unnerving to think that you can be so violated on top of everything else that has been going on with our family. And, they left their shoes as a souvenir which the police were very interested in. Apparently a ring of thefts has been taking place.
  • Ashley got very sick, and gave us a scare with the "Swine Flu". Luckily, we don't think it was that after all, just a really bad virus.
  • Joe returned Mason to California, and to enjoy some time with Zach golfing for his birthday coming up next week. (Joe take pics huh?!)

So...in a nutshell, our life is as chaotic as usual. We loved having Mason visit, THANK YOU Zach and Sara for sharing him with us to help distract us from our grieving. He gave us a run for our money, so next time we dubs Carter...lol. J/K. Here are some fun pics, hopefully you will enjoy them too...

PresLee visiting her Daddy and Brother for the first time. It was a very somber experience. It broke my heart to take this photo.

Mason kissing baby Carter "good-bye" before coming back to Utah for a visit. You can tell Carter wasn't as into the kiss good-bye..LOL

Baby Cole Denning born on July 3rd, 2009

Our project at Karen's while she was away. The floors and paint preview

Joe working hard at fitting the flooring

Mason enjoying a D.I. special big wheel we found. Sorry Zach, the only one there was pink.

Woo Hoo... Mason loved it and it was the best $4 spent besides the castles I bought


Um, yeah...he is playing with Castles, and farms etc.
We made a village and Mason loved it!

He was certainly excited to play with Munga making noises.
That is when he plays pretend with all the characters.

Mason also got a kick out of a fake eye-ball that lights up.
Yup, he is all boy despite the pink big wheel.

Or, the pink Castle....We had fun pretending that the Dragon
was after the people and they had to get rescued.

2 comments:

Jes said...

You guys are such busy people! I am so sorry that you got robbed. Stupid people. Why oh why would they do that. I love that you got Mason a pink big wheel. I always wanted one but my parents didn't ever get me one and told me to borrow the neighbors. If I wasn't 8 months pregnant I would have come and ridden with Mason. You are such a great people, I love and admire you.

Sara Johns said...

You have had to deal with WAY more than your share of crap lately! I really hope that they find the people who robbed you guys! Mason had such a great time with you! He has been talking about that pink bike every day! Thanks for taking such good care of him... and I know that you are enjoying a nice break now! :) I love you guys soooo much and am so grateful to have such wonderful parents and grandparents. Hope to see you both again soon! I miss the sound of Carter's laugh and, like Mason, he does not think I am funny at all, so I need you guys to hear it again! Lol. Love ya!!

P.S. Thanks to Bucca again for all the help you gave us while you were visiting! We appreciate it SO much!!