Apr 28, 2009

The MS Walk

I want to give a big THANK YOU to all of you who supported my efforts in the MS walk, and for donating and or walking with me! On Saturday, April 25th we participated in the annual walk for MS (Multiple Sclerosis) which you all probably know that I have. We had 6 on our team...or 7 if you count our dog Rawley. We had JoAnne Murdock, Robyn Beck, Adam Hughes, Jessie Hughes, Joe and Myself. And of course our standard poodle. Ü
We started off in a downpour and it was cold! However, after the walk started the rain shut off and it only drizzled and we were able to complete the 3 mile course. Joe was able to get some UPS t-shirts for us, and Jessie was so awesome and stenciled our team name on the back. Team Munga- to show my support in being there for my grand kids. They call me Munga if you are wondering what that is all about. Here are a few pictures from the walk. We don't have the team picture online yet to post, but I will add it when it is available.

Thanks again everyone! It was fun and we even exceeded our goal for fundraising!

Rawley, our "mascot" wearing the team shirt and our logo tags.

Jessie & Adam showing off the team name (Team Munga). Thx Jessie for stenciling all the shirts!

Joe and I right after the walk. We were tired and wet, but we made it!

My little brother Adam and his wife Jessie

Me posing with the team "mascot"

1 comment:

Sara Johns said...

Heard you have lost 10 pounds recently... and you can really tell just from your face. You look amazing! (But seriously, you always have!) I love the hair too! Wish we could have been there to walk with you, sorry the weather wasn't cooperating with you.