Oct 21, 2008

I'm Stuck! Help....


Have you ever been stuck in a situation that you really needed help? Well, last night we decided to pull the washer and dryer forward to vacuum it out & get an item that fell behind it. However, in doing so... we knocked off the dryer vent hose from the floor attachment by accident. That became a problem since the washer and dryer are the new high profile kind on a stand which makes them about 5 ft tall. Joe could not get back there to re-attach the hose, so I was nominated to fit in the little hole.


I climbed up and over through a very small space to lower myself down, and even got stuck on the decent, (that should of been a clue! Duh) but what was worse is that after cleaning and re-attaching the hose, I COULDN'T get out! We tried everything. I was not tall enough to hoist myself up, and we finally got a garbage can to stand on, but that wasn't enough. Joe was laughing so hard at my predicament. Finally against my plea, he called our neighbors to help me get out. It was quite a sight watching an old lady try to be as flexible as she used to be to maneuver through the tiny space. Joe caught it on his cell phone, so I decided to give you all a laugh. Needless to say, my ribs are a bit sore this morning. Ü

MORAL of the story is: don't climb behind major appliances.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just crazy. I bet you felt so clausterphobic being stuck behind there. You look cute though...:) I am glad you had a neighbor who could come over and help you get out. I am sure Joe was just laughing so hard, I can just see him...

Alesha said...

You two crack us up!

Julie said...

Thanks--I needed a good laugh today. Let me tell you...there are NO major appliances to climb behind here. I guess I'm safe. I miss my washer and dryer. We have a tiny washer in the kitchen...you plug the drain hose into the drain in the bathroom across the hall (make sure to let the rust colored water clear) and then dry the Chinese way on the line in the living room.....haha....it is humid and the close might be dry in a couple days. :-) Take care of those ribs.