It seems like our lives are like a never ending merry-go-round/roller coaster/Jerry Springer show. We seem to have never ending chaos, change and drama with all the emotional up and downs. So far just in January we've already experienced some of our typical fun starting with our furnace going kaput during a snow storm, (of course it was while Joe was out of town) paying several hundred dollars to get it up and running again along with Ashley moving out at the very first of the year. I came down with a nasty chest cold that has put me down for 2 weeks and I'm still battling the crud. Joe's mother was taken to the hospital and has been in ICU for about 2 weeks now with MRSA and an pneumonia. His cousin passed away during his sleep unexpectedly and the list goes on.....
BUT.....this post is NOT to complain! Just the the opposite!
There is a silver lining to every cloud...and a rainbow at the end of every storm....
How often do we all consider the wonderful things we take for granted? For instance, if the furnace hadn't gone out I would not have stopped to ponder how hard it must have been for those pioneers that suffered while making their way to Utah. Or feel that twinge of guilt and sorrow for the homeless that suffer nightly without the amenities we enjoy. When you lose your health if even for a brief time, you appreciate the fact of what it feels like to... feel good, feel normal and free of pain or ailments. If you loose a loved one, you appreciate how important our family (and friends) truly are to us. I've appreciated how much my daughter means me to me and our friendship now that I don't get that daily with her on her own. When Joe comes home on the weekends after traveling, I appreciate (and hopefully he does too... hee hee) just how much I have missed him and need him in my life. SO???? You ask why the sermon???
Only because January is a time of new beginnings, and with each door that is shut a window opens and we need to find the good hidden in the bad and enjoy life. No longer dwell on the horrible things that we all have going on, but look for the silver lining in each of life's lessons.
We each have so much; and we fail to pat ourselves on the back and be proud of who we are and what we do each day that affects those around us. Joe and I have had our share of bad news, bad things and bad days last year. We are focusing on a better year and what we make of it. So as this year unfolds...we will hopefully have good and fun things to report about. If they aren't so great...we will at least give you that read this blog the "silver lining" report.
Have a great 2010~ Love Joe & Steph
No comments:
Post a Comment