Dec 19, 2008

White Christmas

( Picture taken off our deck looking out. AND...It's been snowing ever since'...)
It is definitely looking like a "White Christmas" at our place. I can't say I love the white stuff that is surrounding our house mainly because snow is cold, and not fun to drive in, shovel or step in while in stocking feet after the dogs tracked it in and you don't realize it! UGH.
However, it will make it a beautiful White Christmas for sure. Joe is out helping the UPS cause during their busy time, I'm home and have been out several times today trying to keep up with the snow until the snow blower pooped out on me. (I think I flooded it?! Too much heavy snow?) Our neighbor came to my rescue to finish the driveway at least, and Joe will have to help with all the walks, porch, deck and patio later. SORRY BABE, I TRIED! The weather man predicted at least 10" on this storm, followed by another. I think so far he is right. I do believe we have at least 8" of new snow so far.
Funny thing is that Ashley and I went to Las Vegas this week with Joe to get out of the snow and then....lo and behold it snowed there! It has been since 1974 that they had seen snow. We stayed in Henderson and they received 8". Funniest part was that nobody down there seemed to know what to do. The snow was all over the parking lots, etc... I guess they don't have snow shovels ready, or ice melt or snow plows! LOL. But, it did make for an interesting trip. Sadly enough it also caused me more anxiety and stress than usual driving in a big city with the road closures, and bumper to bumper traffic. All in all it only took me 2 1/2 hours to go 8 miles~ sigh.... OH WELL, we did get in a lot of great shopping, and hit the casino to let Ashley pull the handle now that she is 21. She said it is over-rated, and wasn't worth the money. (Good Girl!)
We also had few adventures finding an aquarium, and places to eat when the GPS was not giving us the best directions. Crazy and chaotic, but it was fun to have some girly time. Ü And we all made it home eventually despite the airport closures and delays. Yippee...No place like home!
Here is a picture of the hotel pool the next morning with snow on the lounge chairs.
(taken by cell phone, so excuse the poor quality)


1 comment:

Sara Johns said...

As much as I love a White Christmas... and the beauty of snow, I will admit that it is a pain when it comes in the doses that you guys get up on that hill! That is crazy! Mason would love it though, so too bad we don't live closer! We woke up yesterday morning to white grass actually! It was 30 degrees and the grass and cars were covered in frost! I wish I had taken a picture since I know that will be the closest we get to snow!