Aug 11, 2011

HOT FUN IN THE SUMMERTIME

What is more exciting than living it up?  Especially when the summer weather let's you do almost anything you want... Joe and I tease each other about getting old.  We are, let's face it.  But we don't want to be the average OLD person.  So, we spend our free time making our own adventures.  We flew to California to surprise Zach for his birthday; allowing them to go out to dinner and a movie...particularly Harry Potter.  Which they didn't think they'd be able to do without a sitter down there.  So, we made an adventure weekend with the grand kids.  Followed by coming home to another adventure of our own.  Riding our motorcycle, riding bikes (the pedal kind) and hiking to the top of a mountain.  I've included pics that tell a thousand words...better than a bunch you'll have to read from us.  So enjoy the picture story....And stay tuned.  The next Denning adventure is Joe's participation in the MS Mud Run this upcoming Saturday.  It is a muddy obstacle course over 6 miles.  From knee to waist deep mud.  :) 

Joe and the grand boy's... Carter and Mason

Stephanie and the boy's.   We were on a "TROLL" bridge and having an adventure

Funny thing is that Mason saw a sign that mentioned if you see a Mountain Lion to stand
up very tall and appear bigger to scare the Mountain Lion away.  I am not sure, but
I think he may have been a little paranoid after seeing that sign, because he
was walking with his hands up several times and I finally had to take a picture
because I thought it was so darn cute and funny...

Sara got a chance to enjoy a bike ride early since we were there..
She looks so cute in her gear all ready to ride

We got in some more pool time.  Carter waiting for a hot dog.

Mason and his mentor "Spidy" 

Then came Joe's adventure.  Falling out of bed onto the nightstand while
trying to reach a pillow for Mason, who was sleeping with us.

YUP, a big gash requiring 4 stitches.  Good thing our flight was not as early as
we usually plan it.  We had to hurry from the ER to the airport though.

Mason and Carter on one of the adventures we took.  Dancing and being silly

We came home and decided to hike to the top of a Mountain. 
Grandeur Peak.  The view from the top.  It was a gruelling hike for me, since I have MS.
But was definitely worth the views!


You could see the mountain tops from up close at the peak. 

Joe checking out the valley from the top.  We also were babysitting 3 dogs
and took them to tucker em' out.  HAHA, and it worked!

And, yes I am mighty proud of myself for making to the top of a mountain.

Joe and I on the hike back down.  Hot and thirsty and tired; but elated to have made it.

Then of course we had to check out the mountain from our motorcycle.  To see the other side
from a different perspective.  We love going through the mountain sides on rides.  So pretty

And there she is.... The mountain we climbed the week before.
It is the pointy on in the background in the middle MT range.

No comments: