Jun 2, 2011

Remembering Josh today

Today I only wanted to post a few thoughts. We have had lots of pictures from recent trips etc, that I need to post and will....but today I wanted to dedicate the post to Joshua's memory.  We miss you son!


Today I only wanted to post a few thoughts. We have had lots of pictures from recent trips etc, that I need to post and will....but today I wanted to dedicate the post to Joshua's memory.   10/8/79 - 06/02/09 

 Two years ago today we lost our oldest son tragically to suicide.  He was truly one of the most fun, energetic, charismatic, outgoing and good looking people you could ever have the good fortune to know.

 It is always emotional to think of him anyhow, but today even more so since it was only two years ago that we received that fateful phone call that Josh was dead.  A parents worst nightmare, and devastating to his siblings, friends, co-workers etc.  Please take a moment in memory of Josh and reach out to someone that might be struggling and need a friend.  While we didn't know he was hurting inside, many people that contemplate suicide speak about it and show signs of depression and despair.  We miss Josh more than he can ever know, and the baggage from suicide is truly almost as unbearable as the death itself.  Suicide is becoming a problem within our society.  Hopefully by being aware of what it does to those left behind will inspire anyone reading this blog to reach out to those that need help.  One life is worth saving.  I know Josh would feel that way.   

No comments: